18 November 2015
Introducing our latest product, HayCare. Quick-soaking 10-12 mm pellets of finely chopped Timothy for use as hay replacer.
- Perfect for dentally challenged horses.
- Also ideal post-surgery, dental work, etc.
- Dust free. Suitable for sensitive horses when travelling or stabled.
- Easy to eat for horses with reduced appetite or ability to eat.
- 100% pure with no additives, straw, molasses, cereals/by products, and is GM free.
- Use the same dry weight as you would normally of hay; as a general guide, a good slice of hay from a standard small bale is around 2kg; this is approx. 1.5 level Stubbs scoops of HayCare.
- Use a large tub; dividing the HayCare between two or more tubs in different places enables the horse to develop a grazing pattern.
- Add 2.5 times its volume of water and allow enough time for the water to be absorbed; for instance, 2 rounded scoops (approx. 3 kg) will absorb a standard 15litre/3 gallon bucket of water. Add 3 times the water if a wet mash is required.
- Soak as required and use within 12 hours.
- At first your horse may be very hungry, (especially if they have not had food they can easily eat) and eat continuously but with time and as they become accustomed to the new food, they should eat more slowly and take breaks, as they would with hay.
- Feed as required. Try to avoid gaps of 2 hours with the horse not eating and certainly no longer than 4 hours.
- This replaces hay – offer your usual complementary feeds as well.